Social media usage was big in 2012 but will be even bigger in 2013. Here are some 2012 stats to back this up.
- Facebook reached 1 billion users
- Pinterest was the fastest site to hit the 10 million visitor mark
- Instagram now has over 100 million users
Every minute of each day in 2012:
- 100,000 Tweets were sent
- 684,478 posts were shared on Facebook
- 2 million searches were made on Google
- 48 hours of video were uploaded on YouTube
Why social media is important for your business?
- 70% of adult social networkers shop online
- There are more than 2.27 billion people online
- 53% of active adult social networkers follow a brand
What do social networkers want from companies?
- 83% - Deals and Promotions
- 70% - Reward Programs
- 58% - Exclusive Content
- 55% - Feedback on new products
- More than half the revenue spent online will be influenced by the Internet
- “We will no longer search for products and services …they will find us via social media” – Erik Qualman, author of Socialnomics
How does all of this affect your business?
Don’t think for one minute that YOUR customers won’t be included in those statistics. The Internet is not the future. It is happening now and it won’t go away. You need to be on board right now.